In our efforts to understand and analyse the needs of impoverished people, we have constantly kept up our research activities, using a methodology that enables comprehensive analysis of factors that affect their health and finance. We use leveraging tools viz. surveys, health risk assessment, workshops and seminars, to play our part in meeting rural healthcare needs effectively.
Some of the research and survey topics are;
- Health Insurance for the tribal population in Andhra Pradesh, funded by ICMR. A survey-based research of 4500 tribal families from 3 districts of Andhra Pradesh.
- Menstrual Hygiene Management survey of adolescent girls in schools in 2 districts of Bihar, as part of a study by University of Florida
- Health Needs Assessment in Hubli & Dharwad Regions of Karnataka, a survey of 3800 families of the clients of Deshpande partners, in April-June 2009.
- Survey of health needs of transient population of laborers, contract workers, truck drivers and cleaners in an industrial area near Chennai in 2011 for JMM and 4B Healthcare.
- Health needs assessment of the MFI client community of Komida Micro Finance in Indonesia.
- Geneva Global – Assessment of selected partners of Geneva Global for readiness to implement health programs.